Green Beans veggie (Thoran) Healthy & Easy
Thoran is a coconut-based vegetable Keralite dish.
Full Recipe – https://t.co/rq1fMArwPE
I have trained my body for years. I think I have an above average fitness level. Why then did I struggle so much with mental health issues?
Being in the army, I always prided myself on being in the top third when it came to fitness. Whether in a cross country run, boxing or weight training I always pushed to the top. This was despite being a big build which should have hindered low bodyweight to strength activities such as running or climbing.
Most recently I have commenced CrossFit training with the same enthusiasm. I have lost a lot of weight and made incredible strength gains. I love it. But I do wonder whether I’m obsessive about it. I also wonder whether I do it as it helps me stay on the straight and narrow.
You see I am all or nothing. I’ll eat carefully, train hard and not drink alcohol. Or I’ll do the complete opposite. It’s the same in love, at work and anything else I do. No taking it easy for me.
When your mind has taken a battering over the years, it’s best to be gentle with it rather than destroy it with booze. That’s why I train hard. So that I don’t feel like losing all my gains and feeling like crap for a week. I’d rather keep going but do know that an occasional blow-out is necessary.
That’s why I accept it as an occupational hazard, something I do the minimum amount of times possible. That way I keep my mind strong which allows me to face any of life’s problems with a positive perspective.
It’s quite clear that we all have a multitude of problems which we face on a daily basis. It’s part of life. But it’s also how we deal with them which defines us. I prided myself on my ability to face any problem with a calm demeanour from combat situations to demanding bosses. But I couldn’t transfer that ability to my personal life. It lead me to lose my family. Something which has devastated everyone involved and which I don’t know whether I can recover from.
That’s why I had to spend six months trying to understand why I was the way that I was. How I could use physical training to benefit my mental health and how I could mitigate the mistakes I’ve made.
It’s the most difficult process I’ve ever conducted but I hope I can recover what has been lost.
Description: This article intends to explain weight lose by fasting. Also, it tells that what sort of fasting is best for the first time. It will help to keep those healthy, who want to lose their weight by fasting.
Fasting is a unique way that has been effective to lose weight. In this way, your body can take a break from digesting food and your stomach gets clean. There are various types of fasts that you can do for lose weight. You can do a juice fast by using water fast, fresh uncooked juices. Water fast is not good for you if you are doing it for the first time. Although, it has cleansing benefits but it should adopt after juice fasting at least twice.
A juice fast is advantageous and positive for your health and it is easier to grip for the first time fasting. If you are not able to buy expensive juice, you can use home techniques to get fresh juice of fruits as well. It may not cost you heavily and if you are not able to make fresh juices for your fast then there are many juices available that are not expensive at all.
If you are fasting for the first time, you should go for three days fasting. However, you can extend it as long as you want. In this way you may come up with some positive results and your body may get a break from digestion process. Fasting is a way to give your body rest and you can drink as mush water or juices made of fruits and vegetable as you can. Still you can take weight reduce able tablets that are consists of natural ingredients and effective for weight lose.
Proactol is made with natural ingredients; it does contain a significant amount of natural and organic plant extracts. These pills are really helpful for weight lose.
Many men and woman work hard to achieve and maintain strong, healthy nails. Unfortunately, sometimes this is difficult due to a number of reasons. Nails can become brittle, cracked, soft, stained, etc. The truth is that the color of a person's nails has to do directly with that individual's overall health. If the nails are transparent with a rose color, it indicates good health. However, if the nails are brittle and pale, the person's health is not where it should be. The most important thing a person can do is to eat a well-balanced diet, drink lots of water, exercise, and get adequate sleep. Simple lifestyle changes such as these are the beginning to healthy nails but it goes beyond that.
The key is to always use high quality and natural products if possible and start a good nail are regimen. For instance, the individual should remove all nail polish. Next, warm castor or coconut oil should be applied to the nail area, being massaged in for several minutes to help soften the cuticles and sooth dry areas around the nail bed. Then, the individual should dip the nails into a mixture of one tablespoon lemon juice and one cup of warm water.
After soaking for about ten minutes, the nails would be manicured. When finished, a clear base coat of polish should be applied. Once dried, quality nail polish would be applied, allowed to dry, and then a second coat applied. After both coats of colored polish are dry, another coat of clear polish should be applied to seal and protect the color. A few other tips that people can use for maintaining healthy, strong nails include:
• Only acetone-free polish remover should be used in that remover with acetone strips the nails of essential oils that are needed to maintain strength and health.
• To keep cuticles soft and the area around the nail bed smooth, a type of rich, natural cream should be massaged in two times a week. If the cuticles are badly damaged, alpha hydroxyl cream is a great healer and moisturizer.
• To treat unsightly nail fungus or some other type of nail infection, a mixture of tea tree and lavender oil is one of the best solutions
• To keep nails shiny and healthy looking, rub them with a small piece of lemon
• Breakage can be avoided not only by eating a healthy diet but also by filing in the same direction and never filing while the nails are wet
Cooking healthy really only requires some minor changes for most people. By substituting items and using various techniques, you can not only reduce the amount of fat intake, but also increase valuable nutrients in the food. You’ll be amazed that once you start experimenting, you’ll find that healthy cooking techniques actually improve your meals.
1. Add herbs to your food. Herbs are power packed with vitamins and minerals without adding excess extra calories. When you add herbs, you increase the flavor of the dish and make it more exotic. You don’t have to be a gourmet chef to do this. Simply experiment. Did you know that parsley contains powerful antioxidants and cilantro contains substances that help fight diabetes? There’s a world of cures in your spice rack, experiment.
2. Reduce salt intake. When you increase the herbs in your food, you can also reduce the amount of salt. Herbs add more flavors and makes salt less necessary. Reducing salt intake also reduces your potential for high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. Combining this with other healthy cooking techniques improves not only the flavor but also the nutritional quality of the food you serve.
3. Steam your vegetables. You’ve heard the expression, don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater, well that’s exactly what you do when you boil vegetables. Boiling vegetables leaches the nutrients out of the veggie and into the water. Instead, try steaming the vegetables. You can find small steaming baskets that fit into your pots. Simply put an inch of water in the pan, not enough to touch the vegetables, insert the basket filled with vegetables, cover and heat. You’ll find that all vegetables taste better steamed. Add the spices at the last minute.
4. Use monounsaturated fats. You’ll cook a lot healthier if you avoid certain types of fats, such as trans fatty acids and saturated fats. They simply are heart healthy. Canola oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil and sesame seed oil are good sources to use for cooking. Olive oil is also another. This is one of the healthy cooking techniques, which makes a huge difference in the potential for coronary artery disease.
5. Increase vegetables and fruit at each meal. Adding an extra vegetable selection to each meal increases the amount of health nutrients available to your family. The more selections you offer, the more variety they’ll receive. Even fussy eaters like some type of vegetable.
6. Reduce the amount of red meat in your meals. Some men simply won’t eat anything but steak and potatoes. You have to be tricky with them. Get smaller cuts of meat and slowly reduce the size of the steak you serve. You’ll find they won’t notice, will be healthier and your grocery bill goes down.
7. Try to go nuts. Nuts are a great source of plant protein. Most people don’t consider nuts a main dish but you can reduce the amount of animal protein in the diet if you simply use them periodically. A Waldorf salad made from apples, celery, walnuts or pecans and mayonnaise or salad dressing provides both protein and valuable nutrients. The FDA approved walnuts as a heart healthy food, along with seven other nuts.
8. Get creative. There’s nothing better than a salad on a burrito, especially if it’s a whole grain burrito. Make your salad but finely chop the lettuce and other vegetables. Include finely chopped chicken and add your dressing. Put it into a burrito wrap and you’ll have a meal that kids that wouldn’t touch a salad will eat.
You can improve the flavor and healthful quality of your cooking by simply using a few healthy cooking techniques. It doesn’t mean you have to give up everything you love, simply modify it so it’s healthier for your whole family.